What is the meaning of this silence?


“I find mankind so odious that I should hate to have it approve of me.”
- Moliere

“We are willing to believe anything other than the truth.”
- Carlos

Nothing actually puts me in a state of shock, but right now when I’m doing my research on the cases of incest…I’m aghast at humans who keep mum about this issue. I don’t expect much of humans, cause I know they are cowards. However, I also want to know why is God silent?

In my last write up, one of my readers raised this point on the kids of Adam & Eve. We all know that Adam & Eve were not siblings. Fine. Nevertheless, their kids were & we may not like to say it, but procreation did take place. So what do we call that? A friend of mine said that religion came much later & ever since incest has been forbidden. Congratulations! We have solved the case for you.

“The only universal trait that Contemporary social scientists and historians agree has been found in every known culture is the prohibition of incest.”

You don’t fuck around with the infinite, because you can’t. However, fucking humans & kids is something that can be done. What I mean is fucking them forcefully. That is, when you have power over the other person. I think family is a place where one should feel protected, but if kids are being abused by their loved ones…it’s a little too much to take. Scars of such wounds can never heal. Scars of even little wounds don’t heal & I guess all of us know that. So, what about the victims of this heinous & ugly crime?

I read something that I would very much like to share.

“Boys as well as girls are reported as being masturbated and raped by the men in the family, including fathers, older brothers, uncles and cousins. By the time children are four or five, they are usually taken to bed at night by others in the extended household. "A particular uncle may like her to sleep in his room, which is considered a great gesture of closeness." As one girl describes it: "I hardly ever slept with my parents after I was four. I rotated almost every night between my various uncles and sometimes my grandmother. But it was difficult to have any space in her bed, because all the grandsons slept in her bed.. So I preferred to sleep in [uncle's] bed, who was very nice and put his arms around me in winter."

I seriously had the urge to puke. I mean what the hell is this? Who puts up with this obnoxious behaviour? But the fact is…people do & that is saddening, to say the least. And don’t ask me in which country, this thing has happened. It happens everywhere. It’s another thing that people want to stay in a state of denial. It suits them so much.

It’s another case of a female who has been raped 1st by her elder brother & then by her father…not once, but for many years.

“A case is reported of a female victim of paternal incest, who had also been raped repeatedly by her elder brother for two years. A survey of the literature showed no other report of such a case from Turkey. This does not necessarily mean that the incidence of paternal and sibling incest does not happen, but may indicate that incestuous abuse is not reported or handled without making it known to legal authorities.


The victim was first raped by her 16 year-old brother when she was 9 years old. He raped her repeatedly over a period of two years, until he left home. Her father began raping the victim when she was 13 year-old, leaving her pregnant at age 15. He took her to a doctor for a termination of pregnancy. The father continued abuse after the termination. The victim left home to marry a man. The father filed a lawsuit against the man for taking the victim away from home.”


1st they commit a sin & a blatant violence against any human & then they have the audacity to file suit against the victim. You must have heard about the Cellar incest case. An Austrian woman was kept prisoner & abused by her own father for 24 years in a basement.
“Her 73-year-old father, Josef confessed that he held his now 42-year-old daughter captive for 24 years in a concealed, windowless basement hideout, where he repeatedly had sexual intercourse with her and where she gave birth to seven of his children.”
There are many families who might not be aware that someone is being sexually abused & there are also families who are aware of it, & yet they are embarrassed to seek help, so they stay silent. Fathers, brothers, uncles, grandfathers could be the one abusing the child, but mothers also play a vital role by hiding this under the carpet.

“Incest has become the norm in certain homes. Siblings, who are in mutual agreement, are indulging in sexual activities."

This case is also one of its kind:


“The father of the well-respected family was a priest at the local church. He had two sons and two daughters. The father refused to send his daughters to school, instead insisting on educating them at his office attached to the church. The two older sons were allowed to go to school, but their father instructed them to have sexual intercourse with the daughter every afternoon. If they did not do so, he beat them and called them sissies. The father also sexually abused his youngest daughter in the park every day. The mother did not accept that her husband was capable of such behaviour. Charges were laid, but were withdrawn by the mother. The children were removed from the parents into foster care.”


Another question that pops up is whether abortion justifiable in cases of rape or incest. I don’t know the answer myself. Some say it is & some say that those children could be the answer for all those childless parents. But I read about this case of a girl who was repeated raped by her father whenever he wanted or lusted. What a bastard for a father! Anyway, it all started when she was 15 year old. By the time, when she was 19, she got pregnant. At the hospital, her father called her all sorts of names for getting pregnant. This girl didn’t want to have an abortion, but she was forced to have one. This is what she said:


“I was told that an abortion would solve my problem, when it was never really the problem in the first place.
I was told, "Your parents know what's best," when they obviously were only concerned about their own reputations.
I was told, "You make the right decision," when I was never given a choice. More importantly, where was my baby's choice?
I was violated and betrayed over and over by my father, who God created to love and protect me. I was humiliated, hurt, and yes, violated again by the abortionist.”
Naturally, I don’t see any solution to this problem. Even if we form better laws, would people come & seek help? I don’t think so. People are more concerned about their reputation. We’ve heard this crap for centuries: ‘Larki ghar ki izzat hai.’ But the fact is nobody has time to respect that girl.


Many a time, I’ve read that most abusers are the ones who have been molested in their childhood. I don’t see the justification. Just because you have been abused doesn’t give you the right to abuse others. But we all know that innocence is being murdered on a daily basis.


Jodi Picoult very aptly said:
“Silence is just a quieter way to lie.”


I don’t know how incestuous is incest. But I don’t need to see it written in my Holy Book or on the statute book to know a thing is wrong. Rape is wrong no matter from what fucking angle you look at it. A thing that destroys life cannot be great. A thing that leaves scars for eternity cannot be tolerated. And yes where is God when this happens to anyone, be it a kid or an adult? Why is He silent? Humans can stay silent. They are despicable, to the core. That’s the best they can do.
Anyhow, we were just discussing incest. It’s a common thing that children are also being molested by servants, which include both men & women. Servants have also been involved in sexual harassment of adults. Even then people maintain silence. I’ve read that 9 month old girl was repeatedly rape. Girls & boys of 5 & 6 years of age are being raped & killed. Women in our country have been gang-raped & that was the decision of some fucking panchayat (parallel justice system).


It seems humans are fond of silence when others around them are being sexually & emotionally abused. Abuse of any kind has a bad effect on the person. Many a time, you abuse a person with your words. That is called psychological abuse. So in a way, all those who are using evil & degenerated words to hurt others also rape. And all those who put up with any kind of abuse…I just want to say one thing to you…I don’t know if you can grasp it or not. And it may seem ruthless, cause I don’t exactly know the pain of victims. I’m mad, cause I know people who have suffered & they haven’t recovered as yet. Anyway, your silence is your crime. Whatever you choose today make sure you don’t have to regret it tomorrow. I hope God comes to the aid of all those who are waiting for Him.


Nadira Rahman